Friday, April 17, 2020

April 17th, 2020


For my quarantine senior project I decided that I wanted to make a way to charge my phone with a candle. After further research I realized that I would need to purchase a Peltier device along with some other materials, equaling to about $55 according to this video. I decided that I’d like to look into this, maybe I can build one for much cheaper. I decided to go with this project because we live in Florida, known as hurricane central. I’ve been through a few hurricanes in my life and know how absolutely necessary power is in order to inform family and loved ones that you’re okay. It has happened one too many times that my house didn’t have power for a day or two and we weren’t really able to use anything and we had to be careful about not over using our phones and draining the power. I think this will be a useful project and I look forward to finding out how it’ll work.

No comments:

Post a Comment